Saturday, April 10, 2010

Really New to this Blogging Thing ^_^

I'm sooo new to this Blogger thing lol, I tried Twitter but I guess I talk to much because 120 characters just don't do it for me lol.  But anyways I decided to start a blog because I have so many goals and objectives to accomplish and yet I have nothing/no one to really hold me accountable. Sooooo My first goal is to get my life together lol! I am an African American College Student who happens to be female with no idea as to what I want to do with my life or what I should be even thinking about right now.  I wouldn't call myself a lost cause but...


I grew up in an environment that wasn't too bad but hardly affluent, I am also the first in my family to ever go to college.   Throughout elementary and high school I was a "loner" unable to connect with the majority of peers and being the butt of jokes at times but I made it through! Not having a lot of friends I escaped through my academics and books.  As a teenager I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and he protected me from hazardous influences even if I was looking for trouble.  I suffered from low self esteem, depression and anxiety but I graduated with a high GPA and moved into my father's house to commute to College for the next two years.After my sophomore year I moved to campus and now im about to Graduate!! I learned soo much about myself, GOD and my friends and family and last but not least LOVE!!! College has allowed me to build character and strength.  I thank GOD for the opportunity to learn, fail, cry, laugh and see my potential.  As a super senior (second year senior, 5th year in college) I can see that Life is BEAUTIFUL!!!


 It doesn't always feel like it or look like it but it is.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and when I look at life I see the attractive moments and the negative times.  I see the times that make your spirit glow and warm tickled with sunlight and sweet fragrance sprayed. In addition to those moments I see times which make you feel dark,wet and cold shaking with fear and regret. Some people will stop there and say "life is what you make it." But as I take a step back I observe the moments after the bad times when wounds begin to heal and lessons are learned.  These moments are not as bright as our fondest memories BUT they are crucial to our development.  These moments help us to gain strength and wisdom; we appricate the good times when we have experienced the bad... 

No comments:

Post a Comment